Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

So this year we hosted Thanksgiving at our house. I should be more correct...we hosted Thanksgiving on the Saturday after Thanksgiving b/c my brother and his wife attend her families annual family get together on Turkey Day, and my mom worked the day after, so we had the day after the day after Thanksgiving :). It was perfect, but busy, so there's only two pictures. Cayleigh smiling at all the food, and a carrot cake I made that was very pretty but never eaten b/c there we also six home-made pies to choose from. For dinner we had all the fixins....Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, swt. potatoe casserole, green bean casserole (courtesy of our friends Whitney and TJ), corn, collard greens (courtesy of my mom!), crescents and two loaves of homemade bread (I'm talking hand-kneaded here folks, yummy!). Oh, and gravy. We ate ourselves into a comma...literally for my father who took up a whole couch laying on it asleep, LOL!

I later ate the carrot cake and it really was delicious...I had with some sweet potatoe pie :)
I also did black friday this year with my dear friend Whitney, and one of her friends Lisa. I hope Lisa doesn't think poorly of me; I met her for the first time at 3:00am on our way to Old Navy and I'm not exactly what one would call a morning person. I did better after our 4:40AM run for coffee. So much better in fact, that when driving through the Target parking lot pointing and laughing at the people standing in the cold without deliciously warm coffee, I fully supported Whitney's excited proclamation that she was going to take pictures of the people like they were a zoo exhibit! So caught up in the moment was I that I felt the need to capture the moment of her capturing the moment...about 4 feet away from the people we were making fun of! Fortunately everybody seemed to groggy to notice (much) our bold-faced fun at their expense, and we made it in and out of Target alive. :)


Whitney, taking the picture of the line...with the flash on so that NO ONE could ignore it.


Still taking pictures....
Adjusting the flash to get the "perfect shot"




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun, too bad I missed all the festivities. Next year...